Our aim is to provide leisure for life through our 15 leisure facilities and departments including Health, Swimming, Fitness, Sports Development & Training Academy.
The role will require you to support the coaching team in the delivery of the Friday Night Project. Ensure all participants have a great time.
Tasks will include:
- Be welcoming to parents and participants, assist with queries and questions
- Check in with the leisure centre reception and the lead coach
- Support the lead coach in checking all participants have completed all registration forms
- Assist in signing participants in
- Assist in setting up and taking down the session
- Liase with the lead coach to gain a brief of the session
- Create a fun, safe and enjoyable environment
- Connect with the participants on their level and make them feel supported
- Support the delivery of the programme according to the session plan(Thinking on your feet). (There maybe exceptions to this based on the numbers or abilities or even if the activity is not working .)
- Have an understanding of current offers and services that might interest participants and families. This might include, health, family, membership promotions
- Will coach/ assist according to their qualifications or experience
- Not over complicate or share too much technical information within the session
- Put young people at risk by pushing beyond boundaries
- Treat all participants with respect and dignity at all times
- Understand the varied ability and sizes of participants and manage accordingly
- Adhere to good practice models, ensuring you are representing Everybody Sport & Recreation in the best possible way
- Always behave in a professional manor with peers and participants
- Remember the sessions are fun and we enjoy it !
Time commitment: Every Friday Evening
Skills and Qualifications: Level 1 Sport Qualification- Not a requirement but would be beneficial
Once successful youi would receive an induction to the role as well as a Volunteer ID Badge and Volunteer Uniform.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org